Call me on this Number: 234-8067-704671

My Village Wedding

 @My VILLAGE WEDDING


During my wedding, friends started choosing venues including Hilton and silk restaurant where a plate was N15,000 and we were expecting 300 guests , they drew up a budget of about N6.5million . 


And I asked them - "how much each of them would bring? Nothing , they answered.  


They were not bringing money but they were bringing ideas on where to spend it . 


 I kindly asked my husband if we could do the wedding in our village since we came from same town .  Luckily for me he said yes ! .


3weeks later , I called 15 of them (committee of friends)  and I told them my wedding would be held in the village. If it's not convenient for you, don't come. 


 How can marriage make you lower your class ? Which kind yeye class ? I asked my friend. 


What about the N45,000 Asoebi ?  

They were going to contact Mercy Aigbe afterall -  


I was the  Deputy Country Director in my office then but will I now use all my life savings to impress them just to be seen as a big girl?  " -  Nonsense!


Country Director my foot !  what's the economical value of the title in this wedding ? 


Will N45,000 asoebi make my marriage last ? Will Hiring limousine bring peace to my home  ? 


See eeehhh, Me I want peace of Mind , not elaborate wedding.   I wake up by 6am , I work till 11pm, sometimes I stay outside nigeria for 4-9months -

I don't get to see my family. Do my company care ?  I work for every penny I have and ain't gonna throw it away just to please you ladies . 


My husband is out there chasing up with  contracts , He's not Elon musk so I wouldn't encourage him  to spend his money like that . 


Some said I should put it in December so they can come and paint Abiriba village red. . 


Omo !  "do you know that maggi of N5 in August would be triple price in December ?


 My uncles might be big men but my own father is not a rich man . So in whose account are we gonna buy the paint wey una wan use paint Abiriba red ? I asked sarcastically. 


Funny enough none of them are contributing sef .


What matters most to me is the marriage itself and not the wedding ceremony.  


Hire limousine to carry who and who ? Who is paying for it ? To please who ? Take pictures, post on social media for what prize  ?  .  Nonsense !


After wedding will come , nobody send you .


 None of them will ask you if you have eaten after wedding .

 

No one will ask you if you have paid house rent . 







Nobody will help you pay your debt .


So it's also out of place for anyone to put you under pressure.


Long story cut short, I called my village pastor , he said the amount he needed to fix things around church was 13,000 naira only . 


They also agreed and we quietly did both white wedding in the morning and waited for the traditional in the evening. Though the bride price was paid the day before. 


I went down to AbA city which was close to my village, hired a nice gown for N45,000 as against the  one my friends got in Abuja which was about N475,000 and I will need to deposit extra 100k as dry cleaning fee. 


" How do I tell a man to use money for land and feed guests ?  . 


My husband and I are not politicians .

we haven't bragged to anyone , 

we ain't competing with anyone .


 No bi say na all the whole guests happy sef, 

Some came to look for what to talk about. 


Fast forward to 11/09. 

We looked so good that day . Yes !

With no bridesmaids, 

No groomsmen, 

No little bride, 

No page boy, 

No limousine,

No stress.

No debt.

No harassment. 


You no bother me, I no bother you . 

Pastor still joined us .

Both traditional and white Wedding 

ended same day before 5pm.

Everyone left.


one thing you must learn in life is to CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO YOUR MATERIAL . 


 Its true I can afford some of these things I mentioned above  without pain but you must KNOW YOUR PRIORITIES in life - Elaborate wedding can never be my priority.


Don't be under pressure to please any human being if you no get .


You will be left alone with the debts , your guests will eat and go . What happens afterwards is between you and your partner. 


Without apology , please do your own township wedding , just make sure you reconcile your expenses but If you invite me, I will come , eat and go .


 Na my own village wedding story bi this . Thank you.


Written by: Ninnah.

0 comments:

About

Black bull

Contributors

Powered by Blogger.

Forex

Contact Details

oladahunsi@gmail.com